Pages

Monday, April 25, 2011

Schizoid Projects

I have been a bit MIA lately and have so much going on (Etsy projects, moving to Seattle in a few months, teething toddler...).  But now I am back on track and will be posting pictures each day about what the project of the day has been - I know I have you on the edge of your seat.  Maybe not, but I think you'll like what I'm working on.

Usually I work with paper and various techniques related to paper - intaglio, letterpress, stamping, oragami, leaving small bits of paper scattered everywhere.  Last week I decided to try something different.  My friend encouraged me try working with some digital media - create a museum quality canvas that has my personal touch - anything goes!  After some skeptical half hearted attempts, I sat down with my Macbook and decided to "man up".  I found out that I loved working like this - it's so much easier than I thought.

I knew that Mother's Day was coming up and I wanted to do something for my mom that was a bit outside of the flowers/card box.  I attempted to create a memory book with some of my favorite photos of us - that was too overwhelming, I had too many things to pick from.  So I switched gears and decided to work on something that she could hang in her new office.  Here's is what I finally created!  Thanks to my friend and her company, it will be a great Mother's Day gift!  The final size of this canvas is 8x20 inches.



More to come on projects for the week.  Have a wonderful week creating anything your mind can imagine!

No comments:

Post a Comment