Pages

Saturday, September 24, 2011

MIA No Longer

I have been pretty MIA for the last few months - trying to move and get settled.  This took me way longer than I ever expected and it seems like my "inspiration" and creative moments took a bit of a vacation.  Well, I'm back - as sassy as every and ready to get crafting!

We moved into a great house and I love the layout.  All that being said, when we first looked at the home, the colors on the walls were a bit off putting, I can't even begin to describe the brilliant colors, but trust me, they are colors that truly take your breath away!  The green is the color of our kitchen and the beautiful blue is what is now my craft room!



Initially I wanted to paint everything, my husband was positive I wouldn't want to keep the walls like this forever....well, now that 2 months have passed, I actually love the color on the walls (no two rooms are the same color!) and think they fit with our personalities just great!

I have been working on a few different projects, mainly learning how to do some different projects outside my norm - delicately cut designs, paper flowers and some other not-so-typical things for me.  I have been having a blast and finally getting some new things listed in my Etsy shop!

Here is are a few of the more filigree style designs I have been playing with - French inspired dressforms (from the Cricut French Manor cartridge) and dragonflies (from the Cricut Art Nouveau cartridge).

The dress forms were cut from American Crafts paper (Flamingo and Concrete) on my Cricut Imagine via my Gypsy.  These were fun to cut and then re-define with a craft knife for those perfect edges.  I think these are some of my favorite things to work on now!


I will post more pictures of the flowers and dragonflies in the next post...just didn't want anyone to wonder where in the world I went!  Still here, just slowly adjusting to our new space!



No comments:

Post a Comment